Friday, August 13, 2010

sweet potato pancakes!

 












WOW!  can you believe i already have a recipe for you?  well this one is a good one, if i do say so myself.

my tot has a hard time getting down veggies.  its not because i don't put them in front of her. so with plenty of reading i have found great ways to hide the veggies. shhhhh........

YOU NEED:
......................

1 CUP OF WHOLE WHEAT PANCAKE MIX
1 CUP OF MILK or WATER
1 EGG
1/4 TSP OF CINNAMON
1/2 CUP SWEET POTATO PUREE
1 TBSP VEG OIL
ALL NATURAL MAPLE SYRUP
1 CUP BLUEBERRIES (OPTIONAL)




















-BLEND ALL INGREDIENTS IN MIXING BOWL TIL SMOOTH.

- TURN STOVE ON MEDIUM.
(i have a gas stove and i turn the heat up to 3)

- SCOOP PANCAKE MIX IN SKILLET AND FLIP TIL DONE.

- POUR THE MAPLE SYRUP ON TOP AND EAT!

......................

these pancakes come out almost cake-like and delish!  we couldn't quit eating ours!

would love to know how yours turns out!

x
-jenn

2 comments:

  1. My picky eater loves pancakes. This might be a way to get him to try sweet potatoes. How did you do the puree? Did you buy it? Make your own: boil or bake the potato first? Use baby food? Full of questions, I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pancakes are really delish! i think yer tot will love them and you get to sneak some extra vitamins from the sweet potato in there too!

    To puree sweet potato, I take the skin off potato, cut up in to small squares and steam them for about 15 mins. (steaming keeps the vitamins in, but you can boil too if you don't have steamer.) I then put in food processor, add a little water to desired consistency, and puree.

    One large sweet potato makes about 4 cups or so. I measure out the extra and put in freezer bags, so they are easy to use for my next batch!

    Let me know how he likes them! I have some more recipes coming soon!

    -jenn

    ReplyDelete